Monday, April 10, 2017

Baby James' card

This was suppose to be my year to end my procrastination.
Well I have failed.
Before I share my failure, let me show you the card I made for my nieces baby :)
I picked up the stamp a while ago from the Michael's seasonal bin and coloured it in with my coloured pencils.






















The inside sentiment was also from one of those seasonal wooden stamps from the Michael's $1.50 bin.
I coloured in the heart with one of my Copic markers.






















Here is the sketch I followed from Freshly Made Sketches.
Planned on going into this challenge, but yet again, I didn't make it...but that isn't the failure I wanted to share with you today.

My niece had her baby boy back in September and I made this afghan for my great nephew James back in November.
But I never got it mailed out because I wanted to pick her up a gift card as well.
I hardly ever go to the store that I wanted to get the gift card from...and when I did go into that store, guess what...I forgot to get the gift card.
So I finally ran into this store to get the gift card and shipped off the baby afghan.

I love that my niece made this digital scrapbook page to show me how much James loves his afghan from his Aunty Tracy <3 p="">Isn't he a cutie!!























Sadly Baby James lives quite a distance from me, so I have been watching him grow through Facebook.
Isn't social media great for this.
I hear that my niece and her family may be coming to town this Spring...so excited to meet this little guy in person.

I am really going to make a conscious effort to do things NOW.
My SIL says that I work great under pressure..which I do, but things like, sending out mailings...I really need to step up my game.
Any tips on how to help me with my procrastination..if so, I'd love to hear them :)

I hope you all have a very Creative day.

Tracy :)

7 comments:

  1. Cute card!! Your niece's baby is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your G-Nephew is quite a grand little fellow. Good luck with improving on your procrastination ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! Your G-nephew is precious! Well... the procrastination can be a problem for some... Maybe you should write things down and start a week ahead of time... That's what I normally do anyway... I look at what I have planned for the next week or two... and plan accordingly.. Like Birthdays... I know I have 3 family members who have birthdays the 1st week in May... So I made their cards already and have them scheduled to go out next week - this way they get their cards and I can cross it off my list of things to do... Hope that makes sense... I just like to work at least a month ahead, so I'm always ahead of the game.... but that's just me... Good luck! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHat a great gift!
    And its off and he loves it, so win!

    I like the card.
    I can't believe that the sentiment was in the bin! So Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have checked back a few times for some new posts? What the heck? Where is that book you worked on, or that Cute baby of yours? LOL
    Just kidding, you have a beautiful life, full of amazing family & friends, I am so happy you take every opportunity to enjoy them ... Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous photos, wonderful card and we all procrastinate over something, but I think you have it down to an art LOL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card, and James is adorable. Not sure why I didn't get notifications on your posts but I'm now playing catch up.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)