Friday, May 6, 2016

My Week in Review

You know at the end of the week, it feels like nothing has happened.
I felt that way this week, until I actually thought back on it.

A beautiful baby boy was born to my best friend Debbie's daughter.
There is nothing like holding a baby in your arms and looking into their innocent face.
I tear up every time I hold a new born baby.
Welcome to the world Luke, you are lucky to have been born into such a loving family.






















I went out to dinner to celebrate one of my best friend/SIL Sharon's birthday.
Then we went to see The Boss.






















With these crazy ladies ;)
The birthday girl is at the back left.






















I spent one day in my PJ pants and enjoyed a Coke mid-week…oh oh.






















Today I did outdoor work in our side yard.
I raked, cleaned up, weeded and even repaired the door entrance.
When they built our house they used 2 separate pieces of (whatever this is called).
From stepping on it millions of times, the outside part is starting to bend and pull away from the door casing.
It has no support from under it, so it just keeps flexing.
One day it will break.






















Tired of waiting for a certain "man of the house" to fix it, I took matters into my own hands.
I grabbed a piece of wood and cut it to size of the length of the "whatever this is called".
I then wedged it under the "whatever it is called".
The right side went in with a little hammering, but this side is a little tighter.
I tried prying it up, but I just couldn't get it all the way in.
I need a little muscle from "the man of the house".
He didn't get the hint after work when I left the hammer there for him to do it, lol.






















I found this cute discussion that Kristy and I had a few years ago :)






















I can't go without mentioning the devastating fires that are in Fort McMurray Alberta.
Over 88,000 people have had to evacuate their homes and most of those lost their homes to these terrible fires.
When fleeing, the fires were across the highway and hot embers were falling on their vehicles.
I can not image how terrifying this is for these families.
This is an image of how close the fires are to the highway.
My heart breaks thinking of the pain that the people of Fort Mac are going through at this time.















To leave this post on the upside…this  Saturday is International Scrapbooking Day and I am planning to do just that.
I have invited my friends over to a drop in Crop tomorrow.
Friday Night Scrapbooking tonight and scrapbooking all day tomorrow.
And then Mother's Day on Sunday.
Looks like a pretty great weekend :)

I hope you all have a very creative day :)

Tracy :)

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful week!! Good for you for fixing the door entrance yourself!! It looks so fabulous!! Gosh, that fire is scary. My thoughts and prayers are with all of those affected. Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a week! Newborn baby, fires, fun with friends and of course a day in pjs sounds like quite a week. Have fun scrapping too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a full week of good memories, Tracy and enjoy your scrappy weekend! Definitely heartbreaking for those affected by the fires in Fort McMurray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to mention that last Saturday was Crop for Autism You did that too!

    Thanks for hosting today was awesome as always!!
    I love visiting at your house! You play so nicely & share ALL your toys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a pretty productive week to me! My heart breaks for all those folks in Fort McMurray. It lmost seems like a movie not reality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous week and you kept yourself busy.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)