Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Fun with Art.

I had a GREAT long weekend at my SIL/friend Sharon's camp.
Every May long weekend my daughter's and I are welcomed to Sharon's camp for junk food, creative filled weekend.
Sharon and I headed out a day earlier than my girls....its good to be retired ;)
Oh, and if you don't know already...I am the short one.
I am actually on my tip toes to look a bit taller...I know, it didn't work, lol.
















Sharon and I do many different types of art..but we have been (mainly) into paper crafting for the last 20 yrs.
But this weekend my oldest daughter Ashley, suggested we try our hand painting on canvas.

I love all types of art and jumped at this idea...so I ran to the dollar store to pick up some blank canvases for us all.
I had paints, but Kristy picked up some tubes, also from the dollar store.
My daughters set up our work areas and came prepared with the inspiration copies for us all.
She found our inspiration piece on "Pinterest"
Then off we went
I have to say, I think we were all pretty impressed with what we all created....especially since Sharon didn't burn hers as she thought she was going to have to do.

After the painting was all cleaned up, it was time to scrapbook.
I have to say I outdid myself this year.
I made 20 (photoless) layouts and 11 cards!!
That is major for me..but then again, staying up past 2:00am, you can achieve a lot.
Now to figure out my laptop problems.
My iPhoto isn't working again.
I had to email these photos to myself, then put them in a folder in order to share them on my blog.
I couldn't post from my phone as the blogger app I had on my old phone, I can't find, and the new one won't work in Canada.
I am just frustrated with technology...but love it when it works ;)

I hope you all have a very Creative day :)

Tracy :)

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend was had by all and the paintings are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it looks like a fun time! All that creative energy in one place. Your paintings look fabulous! Glad you were so productive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, all of the canvases look amazing!! Everyone did such a fabulous job!! It sounds like such a wonderful weekend!! And productive, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can start conducting your own Canvas & Cocktails workshops (which are quite the rage right now in our area). I really envy your creative connections to so many talented & fun folks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful paintings by all you girls, Tracy! So glad you had a fun weekend, but bummer about the tech problems!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a fabulous weekend away. Love everyones artwork and how busy were you! 20 LO's and 11 cards WOW! Have a fabulous weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! That turned out so great! And what a fun thing to do. I would love to do that with my girls :) You're very lucky! Sorry for the technical problems...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! That turned out so great! And what a fun thing to do. I would love to do that with my girls :) You're very lucky! Sorry for the technical problems...

    ReplyDelete
  9. 20 layouts and 11 cards Wow, very productive weekend I'd say! Love how all the canvases turned out...what a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)