Friday, January 15, 2016

New Series....Defunkifying my Life

Remember I had mentioned that I have been busy lately and I would share with you soon...













Well soon is now.
I have started a new series (or playlist) on my YouTube channel called Defunkifying my Life :)

If you are familier with my posts and videos on Defunkifying my Craft room then you know where I am going with this.
It is going to be organizing my whole home and sharing the process.
I have been toying with this idea for a couple of years now and finally decided to just go for it.

There are a few reasons why I have been debating with myself on sharing this.

1. I wasn't sure if I should start a new YouTube channel devoted just to my home.
I even asked my viewers and a high majority told me to keep it on the same channel....even though I had a cute name for it, lol.
2. When I share, I share whole heartily.
Which means you will see the good, the bad and the ugly. Yup, I will share it at its worst.
I know there would be some that will judge and I wasn't sure I wanted that negativity.
But then thought, I know that others may benefit, or feel like their homes aren't as bad as mine, and be encouraged to come along for the ride :)
3. Do I really want to open my home up to everyone!!!!
Like seriously sharing my crafts and sharing my messy closets are 2 different things, lol.

But in the end I thought, if I have been playing with this idea for 2 years and it is still tugging at me to share, I guess that is a sign to just do it.
Plus I can't put off cleaning out those closets any longer, lol.

So if you want to follow along and join me, or just snoop in my closets, I would love to have you do so....just no judging ;)

So without further ado....here is my first video on this :)
Tracy :)

13 comments:

  1. I'm in the middle of a 14 week deep clean of my house right now. This is my 3rd year doing it and I just love it! This last week was the kitchen and I just loved getting up this morning to my sparkling sink and counters :) Maybe you could do a mix of videos and and then some posts with just before and after pictures, that way you don't burn yourself out, since it does take so long to edit, etc. But if you're finding that posting the videos is keeping you on track with the defunkyfying then keep posting them! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watched the video and I am looking forward to seeing what you have to de-clutter. I find my cupboards quite useless too I can hardly reach the second shelf. I think glasses and coffee mugs multiply in the cupboard too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a great idea. Plus, by making the commitment "out loud" you are now accountable. I think you have just provided yourself and hopefully your readers the motivation to get it done!! Good luck!! If you encounter any problems, feel free to ask me---I'm a retired professional organizer---although I do have some work of my own to do these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to go - you should start a defunking business.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so need to defunkify my house...starting with my mess of a craft room!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tracy, I commented on the last post with a question. (I am in Langley, B. C.).. Nice to find a fellow CDN's blog!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tracy!

    Haven't had time to watch the video, but can't wait! I'll look at it tonight. Any "judgers" aren't even worth a precious thought.

    I discovered your blog in November, and have laughed at the way our lives parallel.

    I too am in the middle of a major "defunkifying" and think it'll be fun to compare.

    I'll get to work on some videos. Oh, man! Hope you can handle it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'll be popping in to see what you do, I can always us good decluttering tips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your cleaning and organizing. Always a great way to start off the new year! I will be checking in for your great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you, Tracy! It's always helpful to watch/read/listen to other peoples perspectives on projects, so I have no doubt others will be inspired by what you accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tracy!
    Well, I've taken my first "before" pic and will be posting an "after" pic tomorrow evening, if you're interested in my defunkifying techniques! Just go to dianneherlihysplace.blogspot.com I'm really looking forward to our comparisons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. January seems to be the perfect time for you to start this series & don't even worry about any negativity that you may get. Just Defunkify them too! ;) what may seem like no-brainer ideas to some may be that light-bulb moment for others. We've been slowly but surely working trying to do the same thing in our home, which I KNOW is worse than most homes. LOL Looking forward to it Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its a great idea and I will definitely follow along - you always have such neat ideas! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)