Friday, January 8, 2016

Art Journal Page….Happy New Year

Ohhh Look another art journal page.
2 this year, look at me go!!!!

If you remember from this Art Journal page, I had made 2 of these Prima girls.
I couldn't let her go to waste, so though I would use her on another art page.

















This page was super fast.
First I coloured the page with black gesso….remember that huge tub I picked up from Blick's on one of our trips to the States?
I then used gold embossing powder and heat embossed these dangling streamers (actually a snowflake stamp).
I also heat embossed these wooden words in the same gold embossing powder.






















I then used a gold pen to splatter some gold confetti over the page.
Lastly I added my girl to the page.
Look at all of those pretty sparkly layers to her dress :)






















This page seemed just too easy, but I still like the outcome of it.

















One thing I noticed with most of my art journal pages is that I stop when I could do so much more.
Its like, I like how it is turning out, and leave it at that.
Instead I should be pushing myself to go into more detail.
I will work on that this year.

I hope you all had a very creative day today :)

Tracy :)

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous page, love the gold embossing on the black. the Prima Doll is done beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to me like you created the perfect pages for your pretty Prima Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's absolutely stunning!! She looks amazing on the black and gold background!! Elegant and fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! I love that black and gold together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you used the other girl - wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, this page looks terrific. I have never used black gesso and it does look good with the gold. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love your snowflake sparkles! Such a pretty page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how her dress has matching snowflakes. I know what you mean about stopping. But then there's the times when you're not sure if you should have stopped earlier :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)