Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Defunkifying my Dresser

I haven't been very creative lately…..unless you feel that defunkifying my life is being creative ;)
I was tidying up my bedroom, and I needed to go through my clothes in my dresser….as I was running out of room in there ;)
















So I took everything out and put them on my bed.
Then I tried everything on….not the most fun thing to do, but it needed to be done :)
I am donating the items that I don't care for or that I don't like how they fit.

This has always been my nemesis.






















I have these 2 big gapping cupboards in my dresser.
What I usually do is stack my shirts in one and pants in the other.
But with no shelves, the clothes topple over.
Or I would want a shirt on the very bottom, and the rest of the shirts fall out and then I just jam them back in and shut the doors, lol.
I have been thinking of a solution to this for the last few months and have finally put it to action.


















I have these wire grids (used to make cubbies out of) that I have used in my scrapbooking room to house supplies, in my laundry room and even some at the cottage to organize numerous things.
So why not for my shirts and pants :)
They fit nicely in the cubbie holes in my dresser.
So I grabbed 3 of these wire grids and zip tied them together to form an "H" shape.
See how great they work!!!!
















There are 4 drawers in this dresser, but the 2 bottom drawers were a pain to use, so I would put seasonal clothes in one, and the other one was even worse to open, so put some of my favourite children's books in there.
My mission was to take back my dresser.
So I took out the rail that holds the drawer and it was in 3 pieces, lol…..no wonder it didn't work properly.
So I fixed it with wood glue and then waxed the rails and they work like a charm :)

Next project….the closet, oh fun, lol

I hope you all have a very creative day :)

Tracy :)

7 comments:

  1. Looks good! Organizing is my favorite thing! I just did my spice cabinet yesterday. Always feels great after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it looks like you got creative with those wire grids, Tracy! Good luck with the closet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great solution! Love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, so organized. and Mrs. fixit to the rescue again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always good to have a clear out and I love the idea of the added shelves - certainly using the space to it's best potential! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing I like better than a good "clean-out!" To be able to top it off with a new organizational method is just icing on the cake!! Can't wait to see what you do with the closet!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)