Monday, September 7, 2015

Lets Go to the Fair!!

We left a bit early from camp so we could go to the fair!!
Who doesn't love a fair :)






















But in all honesty, the main (only) reason we went to the fair was to get some elephant ears :)






















You may ask, what the heck are elephant ears?!?
Well, depending on where you live, they are given a different name.
But no matter what they are named, they are all the same….yummy flat deep fried pieces of dough sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, powdered sugar or chocolate sauce.
Sometimes even apples are added to the top…yummy.

I did check out the Craft building.
I was mesmerized by these wonderful women spinning their own yarn.
My phone was full, so I didn't get photos of the beautiful quilts and wood working creations.






















But while waiting in the line for the Elephant Ears, I did get a photo of the horses :)



































Oh yes…and these mini donuts drizzled in caramel sauce.






















And being the awesome mom that I am ;)
I brought Heather and Kristy home an Elephant ear as well.
Kristy added chocolate sauce on hers :)






















Heather was going to make Oreo pancakes for supper, but the girls thought that was too much dough for one day, so Kristy made us all tacos layered with cheese, salsa and sour cream.






















I guess I will re-start my healthy eating on Tuesday, teehee.
I hope you all enjoyed your long weekend, and were able to fit some creative time in :)

Tracy :)

9 comments:

  1. hallo liebe tracy, da habt ihr ja wundervolles erlebt....und lecker war es bestimmt auch...*lach*
    lg. ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is Ruth's comment :Dear Tracy , as some of you have experienced wonderful .... and delicious it was also determined ... * laughs *
      lg . ruth..chen ;-) )

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of elephant ears, here it's called funnel cake and made with much more holes, like a doily. ;) Definitely a must have at fairs and amusement parks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the best part of a fair, the food! We call those funnel cakes, but they aren't one big piece of dough like that. SO YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures, besides the food the best part of a fair is the craft building. That elephant ear looks yummy and so is the one with the chocolate on it and nachos are my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum...the elephant ear looks so delicious...I can practically taste it!! Adding chocolate - genius!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much yummy goodness in your post! I didn't even go to the fair this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab photos. Your elephants ears are called "beaver tails" here in Ottawa, Traditionally eaten over the Winter, whilst skating on the canals etc :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wonderful flat piece of dough was started here in the Southwest...it is called Indian Fry Bread and it can be a dessert or a meal with refried beans, meat, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, you name it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)