Sunday, June 14, 2015

My Day in Photos…cottage edition.

I can't tell you how much I love this new mirror I have for my quad.






















 If you look below my big mirror, you can see my original mirror.
It worked, but I would have to manoeuvre my body to get the right angle to see if Wayne was behind me.
As you can see from the picture….he is behind me :)

The best thing about this weekend was I had all of my daughters up at the cottage.
As well as Tyler, Ashley's fiancé and Blake, Kristy's boyfriend.



















We knew they were all coming up….but Wayne had an ulterior  motive for wanting everyone up this weekend.
We had a huge pile of wood that needed to be split and piled.
So what better time to do this, then when our whole gang is up here :)
Wayne sweetened the deal by promising everyone his special marinated steaks for supper that night :)
















So the men split the wood.
Now look at that smile…I don't think they mind at all…but then again they were only half way through that big pile of logs behind them, teehee.
Besides the heavy lifting, I think they got the easier job.
I actually enjoy using the log splitter ;)

The girls then gathered the split wood and hauled it to our wood shed.
















I was piling it in the wood shed, but then Heather told me I still had room to pile it higher……well, yes I did, but I couldn't reach, so she took over ;)






















I think we have plenty of wood to last us for a few indoor fires and for heating of the sauna, lol.
All of this wood is either from trees that have fallen due to storms, or that were too close to the camp or my FIL's house that could have potentially landed on his house due to a bad storm.
Just so you know we don't go around hacking down trees that are healthy and strong.






















So after all of the work was done, Wayne and I took our quads for a ride.






















 This is one of my favourite trails….this is the smoothest part of the trail…the rest is uphill, downhill, over fallen trees and rocks…I love it…so much more fun than a flat open trail :)
But I think I need to get some bike gloves as it really hurts when I get twacked by a gnarly tree branch.






















We came back from our ride to find the rest of the gang playing lawn golf.
It was such a beautiful day.

















Then I cleaned Ashley's jeep.
Technically it is my jeep, but lives at Ashleys house for her :)
At one time, this was our only vehicle.
When we would come to camp, I would clean it, top to bottom, every single weekend…I even washed  the seats.
I loved this jeep….actually I still do….it is such a great fun colour.

Watermelon anyone :)

















This is what our watermelon looks like after everyone has taken a piece.
Notice that the middle is all eaten first, lol.
And I made sure I got the first piece ;)






















Then it was arts and crafts time, teehee.
Bet you can't imagine what we are making….teeny tiny flowers for the Bridal shower project I am working on.
I am almost finished with it.
And yes I will share with you, what it is, after the Shower.  Which is on the 28th of this month.






















With how active we all were, I still managed to take my two major walks that day.
Here is my step count for it.
And just to verify….I make sure to take my fitbit off and leave it in the cottage when I go on my quad, as it will register steps over bumps and such….and I want my steps to be accurate….or at least as accurate as this gizmo is.























Now I am on to today.
We left camp a bit later.
We brought my FIL's trailer into town….so I nabbed a few of their lilac blossoms.
I just love the smell of these :)






















That was my Saturday at the cottage, I hope you enjoyed spending the day with me :)

Tracy :)

13 comments:

  1. Loved your day packed full of fun, reminded me of living in France, we were quite rural I loved going for walks in the woods just had to look out for the wild boars,
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun weekend, even the "wood pile" part. The photos are great, wtg with all those steps. Beautiful lilacs, I love the smell of them too, sad though ours are finished for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you all had a fun weekend!! Awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulously full day, Tracy! Ours was much quieter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun day at the lake! Late blooming lilacs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fabulous weekend was had by all! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it looks like you had an amazing weekend!! That's a ton of wood!! The lilacs are so beautiful!! Awesome pictures!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure Wayne's steaks would get me to work too ;) What a great day! Looks like you had awesome weather too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was wonderful seeing how much you squeezed into your Saturday. Fabulous photos :) Such pretty scenery! Do you mind me asking what lake your cottage is on. My husbands parent had a cottage at Sauble Beach...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! It's been a while since my last visit and glad to stop by. Wow, what a time you had. Cottage life seems so peaceful and fun and steaks too. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one full week-end!
    The logs - the rides - the games - the crafts
    Good Times !!

    You can tell your busy Tracy cause you not posting as much -
    I have Mon & fri off usually or part days anyway if you need a crafty minion!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos! So much fun! WOOHOO for your step count! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)