Saturday, April 18, 2015

In the Work Shed

Its not like me to miss a day on my blog…but 2 days is unheard of.
Don't worry my SIL/friend Sharon, has already shared her disappointment in me and my lack of posts, teehee.
I thought my art journal page and video would have tied you all over for a few days.

Today was a beautiful spring day here.
I even got outside….well by outside, I mean in my work shop ;)
I was waiting for a nice day to cut the pieces I needed for Ashley's wedding centrepieces.
Don't mind the messy work table…it kind of looks like my craft table, lol.
My work shed is on my "todo" list of things that need to be sorted out.






















This is my first set of 160 pieces that need to be cut.
I have a lot more than this to cut though.






















I didn't want to individually cut each piece of wood.
Even though it would still be much faster cutting these on my saw than cutting teach one by hand.
But if I was going to go assembly style, I might as well go all out.
So I made a jig.
I clamped 2 paint sticks on top of each other, to the saw base.
I clamped them to the measurement I needed.
















I then butt the pieces that need to be cut up to the clamped paint sticks and started cutting.
The reason I clamped 2 paint sticks for my jig, so then I could double the layer.
So instead of cutting 4 pieces of wood at once, I was able to cut 8 :)
















See how nicely it worked :)

















Here are the first set of wood pieces cut as well as the end cuts.
Now I need to find a use for those end cuts…hmmmmm.
















I had to brush myself off before going into the house….a bit of saw dust :)

















I did have FNS (Friday Night Scrapbooking) last night.
I completed a layout I started last February.
I also looked at some of my layouts from the last year or so, and was pleasantly surprised on how much I really like them still, lol.
Does that ever happen to you?
You make a layout or a project, but then look back on it at a later time and don't like it as much as when you first created it?
Happens to me all of the time, lol.

I hope you all had a very Creative Day :)

Tracy :)

5 comments:

  1. I guess you have been a very busy carpenter, looking forward to seeing the finished project. You certainly are a jill of all trades. I am my own worst critic or would that be best critic. lol. It is wonderful having this gorgeous weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious to see the finished project, Tracy! The opposite happens to me. There have been a few that I'm not that excited about, but then look back on them and really like them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Glad you're getting some nice spring weather! I can't wait to see the centerpieces for Ashley's wedding :) I know you'll find a project for those scrap pieces too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my own personal comments about this concerning me & my husband, but I won't go there...glad to see you can do this in an efficient manner! I have several of those end pieces leftover from projects too. I thought about painting them up to be snowmen ornaments. I thought I seen something on Pinterest done that way. I can't wait to see what you're doing with all those!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really can't wait to see what you create with these!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)