Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A 15 Minute Day

Today was a 15 minute type of a day.
Because Wayne took yesterday off of work, not too much got done.
I would rather spend my time with him, than clean the house.
I have no idea what is going to happen when he retires….I guess our home will go to pot, lol.






















I try to do this every Monday, but it doesn't always work out that way.
But when I feel like I am behind, or need a jump start on my home cleaning. I set my timer to 15 minutes and work in each room for that amount of time.
When the timer goes off, I stop, reset it and go onto the next room.

So much can get done in 15 minutes.
For example, in the dining room, I was able to tidy up the room, hand dust the chandelier, my pictures and frames, change the table cloth and put up a new centrepiece on the table.
The 15 minutes in each room, is to make the room presentable, not to detail clean, just so when you walk in that room, it looks organized and pleasing to the eye.
Because my dining room is the least used room in the house, I was able to do a bit of detailed cleaning in here.

I also take breaks.
After doing a few rooms, I will set the timer for another 15 minutes and spend some time on the computer or reading.
This worked great today, until Heather came home from work and we decided to go in the rec-room for some "The Last of Us" gaming ;)

I hope you all had a very Creative Tuesday :)

Tracy :)

8 comments:

  1. You are so darn organized!! I pretty much hit or miss clean when I can!! I bet your house looks so clean and beautiful!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a timer and have used it but of course hubby is retired and home a lot right now and when I used the timer it was always "what's that" or "is that your phone" but it worked well when he was not home. You have some very good organizing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like a great way to get a lot of things done, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you get distracted too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we call this the timer game at our house and the girls love to play it too! You can get SO much done in 15 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! The only time I use a timer, is in the craft room on a Sunday - it's my laundry day, so in between wash loads and dryer loads I set the timer :-) Hubby tends to cook dinner on a Sunday so I craft :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can tell you that now that my hubby has retired, I am thrown off my schedule of getting the normal day to day stuff done. And it's not necessarily because he is distracting me - he's off doing his own stuff (often gaming on his iPad). The one plus is that he will do the vacuuming once a week for me, so at least the floors are staying tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is another great idea! I may need to try this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)