Tuesday, December 30, 2014

My Fauxbonichi

I am finally ready to share my new way of journaling :)
There is a Japanese way of planning or journaling called Hobonichi.
In order to purchase one of these planners, you need to order it from Japan.
But there are many clever and creative people on YouTube who have come up with a way to do this type of journaling by creating your own journal/planner.
And wait for it…they call it a Fauxbonichi…..how clever :)

One of the main components of this type of journal is to use a journal with grid paper.
Another component is to have a header.
Lets start with the grid paper.
I was gifted this journal a couple of years ago and thought it would be perfect, as I wanted do a trial run.
It is a Moleskine grid journal.
Some of the pages were removed, but I still got 2 months in here to try it out.
See the washi tape on the edges?
I taped two pages together as I was tired of trying to figure out which pens or markers wouldn't bleed through.






















The header usually has the date, month, day of the week and the moon phase.
I didn't put in the moon phase because 1, the moon phase doesn't really interest me, and 2 I know if I didn't keep up with the moon phases, I wouldn't journal, as I would feel the need to have that part documented before journaling.
I may add the weather or temperature or my steps I took for that day…not exactly sure.
Plus now that my trial journal is almost complete…I can use the journal that most of the Fauxbonichi people have been using.
I am a bit nervous for using the new journal as it is smaller than the one I am using now. I have big primary writing, so we will see how it goes.

I have always journaled and share a few of them in my video.
Thats right, I made a video for your pleasure ;)
If you would rather watch my video on my YouTube channel, click on the link "Tracy's Treasures"
I am really enjoying this journal.
Most not only journal but also draw about their day.
Me, I tried the drawing, I am more into using stamps and photos :)
There is so much more I could share about this journal, but my video explains so much more.

I hope you all had a Creative Tuesday :)

Tracy :)

10 comments:

  1. You inspire me! I was 6 days behind this morning before I saw your video on FB and now I'm all caught up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is WOW! I am *not* a planner person. I mean, I have a planner and I write stuff in there but not to the extent that some of the filofax girls do it. Now, this.... this I can do. I like this.

    I like it so much I spent my Amazon GC on a grid book and pens. I'm actually excited to do this.


    I remember a guy bringing in old journals very similar to this to be copied. They were his grandfathers. he had the date, the weather and all kinds of stuff written and drawn in. We had so much fun scanning these pages for him and now I think I know what he was doing. I thought it was more of a Farmers almanac kind of thing.

    I'm so excited to get started on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks col.Love the idea of taping the two pages together. Every time I try journaling or a planner I give up as I hate the look of the paper with the ink bleeding through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! I have a planner but don't use it like you. All I do is write things in it that I have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun way to keep a journal, Tracy! I've thought about getting back to writing a journal but I don't know that I'd stick with it. Goodness knows, I have plenty of blank ones if I want to try! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great way to keep a journal, combining the writing with the art of craftiness. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always make me laugh, and smile. I love that you paperclipped all those notes and things in your old journals and especially the one from your mom, that is too funny!! I came across the Hobonichi on my Midori research!! I absolutely love your journal!! You did such an awesome job with the layout of the whole thing and I'm interested to see how you work that into your smaller book ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome way to journal!! I don't think I could do it...my handwriting has gotten so bad since I mostly use computers, I can't even read it anymore!! It's like chicken scratch!! I hope your smaller pages work just as well. Happy New Year :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tracy, you are so funny! I love that you smelled the paper when you opened up your new journal! Ha!! You do such a fabulous job with your journals and decorating them, and you are so right....they are priceless and to be cherished!

    I look forward to seeing your future posts on your journaling! :)

    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracy, what an awesome journal!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)