Friday, November 21, 2014

A Fun Manicure

As most of you know, I like to do my nails :)
The last time I did my nails…it didn't last very long.
And there is nothing that looks worse then chipped nail polish…okay thats not true, me in the early morning is worse ;)

So I decided to try my magnetic nail polish.
I thought this look was pretty appropriate for the snowy season, as they look like snowflakes to me.






















 I have never used this one, even though I have had it for a year or longer…never open.
It has a magnet on the top of the bottle lid that makes a wave design, but I wanted to try a different design.
So I used this magnetic thingy that I picked up from Chatters a year or so ago.

I just have to say, this is not a quick manicure.
-First I apply my nail protector. It helps my nails not peel as well as helps them from discolouring from the nail polish.
-Then I added a base coat of the nail polish to each nail.
-As I add my second coat, I hold the magnet to the nail (with out touching the nail) for 20 seconds as it dries.
-I then do the same process to each nail, individually.
-After my polish is nice and dry (I usually tap my nails together), if they aren't tacky, then I add my top coat, which is also what I used as my nail protector.

















As much as I enjoy doing my own nails, I still love when they last a grow out instead of getting chipped and haggard looking ;)

Onto My Day:
My friend Lynne and I had a plan.
We were going to check out Michaels (as they had some good coupons and sales going on)
Pick up our Scrap for Heart tickets for the crop that the Heart and Stroke foundation puts on every February.
We were going to pick up lunch.
Then head to my house to do some crafting.

This is how the day went.
We went to Michaels
Ran for a quick lunch at McDonalds
Came back to my house to craft.
Do you notice something missing…..yup, we forgot to pick up our tickets for the crop, lol.
Oh well, just another excuse to head out next week :)

I hope you all had a Creative Friday :)
I did, some of my friends came by for my Friday Night Scrapbooking night :)

Tracy :)

10 comments:

  1. Your nails look wonderful! Worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very festive nails, Tracy, you have more patience than me! Yay for crafty time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, my daughter has some nail polish like that too. What do you use as a nail protector? I hate when my nails turn yellow :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, your nails look amazing!! What a fun technique!! I love to paint my nails and I wish I had your patience...I'm sure I'd get too restless and would ruin the polish!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your nails, sounds like an all morning job though. Hope you had fun crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails look awesome!! I guess you guys were having so much fun, you forgot about the tickets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool manicure! I just painted my nails yesterday and they already chipped. But that's what I get for trying to have a manicure while we are still unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty!!! I admire other people's nails but don't have the patience to deal with it myself. I don't think I've painted my nails in over 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the nails. Sign of old age - forgetting things LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)