Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Zombie Love Layouts…take 1

I bet you are thinking, "Well its about time" ;)
I am finally ready and able to share my layouts with you…and what better time to share the Zombie layouts then just before Halloween :)
I seem to always make 2 page layouts and the Zombie pages are no exception :)
I had a bit of a challenge (well for me it was a bit of a challenge) as I usually use the same papers on both pages.
But I didn't want to do that on these pages and honestly, I'm trying to break out of my obsessiveness of being symmetrical and matchy matchy…but it will be a long road for me.











Here is a closer look at the first page.
Because these photos are so Awesome, I wanted them to be the main focus on these pages.
Plus these papers are so fun, I couldn't cover them up.






















I added these corrugated black letter stickers…aren't' they fun :)
I added these to my zombie kit and was happy that I used them on this layout.














The second page to this layout.
I wanted to tie the two layouts together, even though the papers were totally different.
So I added the the "Beware" sticker and the red enamel dots to tie in with the deep reds on the previous page.
I also added the light brown journal spot and cut apart girl zombie to the 1st page to tie them together.






















I don't think I have used enamel dots on a page before, I really like them.
My SIL told me they reminded her of drops of blood…Perfect ;)
I know the value of 3's in scrapbooking, but the enamel dots looked like Mickey Mouse ears when I did that…that is not a look I was going for.

















Here are the 2 pages side by side.
I think they tie together pretty good.
I know those one page scrapbookers don't worry about the side by side pages being cohesive as they view each page as an individual.
I love that they are so freeing to be able to look at their pages that way…actually I can look at their albums that way….I'm only anal about my albums, lol.











I also did a video for each of my layouts for my YouTube friends.
If you would rather watch my video on my YouTube channel, just click the link "Tracy's Treasures24"


I hope you all had a very Creative Tuesday :)

Tracy :)

8 comments:

  1. Ghoulishly fun layouts, Tracy, those corrugated letters are perfect and yay for enamel dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Love those corrugated letters too! I love enamel dots, they are just so freaking expensive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout! I love that it's simple and not overly embellished so the photo's really come through. I agree, it does look like blood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super layout, I have had some metal dots for at least 5 years and finally parting with them slowly, very slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome zombie layout! I hope you have a wonderful Halloween Tracy =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous LO's - love the great photos - makeup is amazing! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracy, these are great! So freaky great!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)