Thursday, September 11, 2014

Altered Memo Board

I went down in my craft room today to clean up and organize.
My room is such a disaster, that I need to clean in order to move around to organize.

But instead of doing that, I decided to finally alter our Family memo board.
Yes it is was more enjoyable ;)
















This memo board is a dry/erase board and it is attached to our fridge and it is gets a lot of use.
This is the Before photo
I had been meaning to alter this for a long time…like a year or so…yup full fledged procrastinator here.
















First I used my label maker to re-do the headings on here.
I had used a sharpie marker, but even that faded over time.

















I also used a Sharpie marker to draw in my lines, but those eventually got erased.
So I picked out a few pretty Washi tapes to take the place of the Sharpie lines.
I have had the "abs" photo on this memo board, my old memo board and even my fridge at one time.
I had to keep it ;)
I like that it just happen to fall under a need ;)
















I really love the pop of colour that this rose washi tape gives.
I think this is one of my favourite washi tapes that I own, and believe me I have more than a few rolls, lol.
My daughter made this "I love my mom" sticker when I got my label maker many years ago.
It has been adhered to many surfaces in our kitchen along with the "abs" photo. So I had to keep it ;)

















Here is the Memo board in its rightful place on our fridge.
It looks so much nicer now with a bit more order and colour to it.
I even picked up a few new markers to go along with it.
















I also did a quick video on this.
If you would rather watch it on my YouTube channel just click the link "Tracy's Treasures24"
I hope you all had a Creative Thursday :)

Tracy :)

8 comments:

  1. Your memo board sure looks nice all decorated up! I'll let you keep the rose Washi. I am not such a big fan of roses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Tracy - I have to remind myself not to even look at coca-cola everyday as well, really trying to clean up my lifestyle - gone paleo and everything. I need a six pack and rock hard abs too - it can be or any other guy-person that has them....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you made a good choice to alter that memo board today, a lot more fun that cleaning the room. Love the washi tape, I sure could have used that measuring tao=pe one when I did an atc swap, Love the finished llook of your message board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice! Memo boards are great and so versatile! Love the rose washi :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I love that you went into your room to clean and organize and ended up working on a project. Lol! The memo board looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea and I love the abs picture. Sure that Wayne isn't jealous ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool! I like how the board came out. And I think its really sweet that you still have the "I <3 My Mom" sticker. And of course, I like the abs ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)