Monday, July 28, 2014

Getting to Know Your Creative Side…a blog hop


Good morning my friends :)
Odd hearing from me this early in the day, as I usually post in the evening :)
But today is a different kind of day on my blog as I am in a blog hop.
But not just any type of blog hop, this one is a bit different.
It is one that is focused on the blog and blogger, not a company or DT.
So I think that is kind of special and thought I would join along.
So grab a cup of your favourite drink, or your breakfast..or even a bag of chips and a pop…because this is going to be a bit of a long one ;)

I was tagged by the wonderful, sweet and beautifully named Sharla from "This thing called Life"
I had met Sharla through 2Peas, and we clicked from there.
She and I have a lot in common besides our love of being creative and both of us having a daughter with the same name.
The only thing I find odd about her is her weird addiction to Diet Coke, where I take nothing but the Real Thing ;)
Sharla is awesome at colouring in stamped images and I love her colourful, fun cards.
She also enjoys a lot of other crafts as well.
You should go and check out her channel to get inspired by her creativity and positive posts

Here is where I chat about my Blog:
I started my blog January 1st 2010.
I have always wrote in a journal and thought this would be a great outlet to keep track of my and my family's everyday happenings, but also a place to share the creative side of me.
I was so excited and shocked when I received my first comment and am just as excited and shocked everyday that I still receive them.
I came up with the name "Tracy's Treasures" as Tracy is my name and everything I make is a treasure to me, plus I also add a bit about my family and my life, which of course they are me real treasures.
I have always been creative in some form or another. I can't shut my brain off, as when I am about to go to sleep, a great idea will come to me.
I say that I would have to live twice my lifetime to complete half of the projects I think up, lol.

What do I create/ What am I working on right now:
I call myself "Jill of all Trades, Expert in None", lol.
I admire anyone who can master their art. Me on the other hand, I can't stick to one craft.
I do wood working.
This is a fireplace mantle I had made for my oldest daughter's house.






















I enjoy scrapbooking.
A recent scrapbook page I had done.












I love card making and colouring images with my Copics, water markers or coloured pencils.






















I also enjoy making tags.






















I have just started to get into making some ATC's.






















But honestly I love all types of paper crafts, from making mini albums, to decorating my planner, to making bags and boxes to altering items to playing in my art journal. I love it all.
I also enjoy writing, sewing, quilting, knitting, crochet, x-stitch, painting, and the list goes on...
I love to learn and try new things, lately it has been drawing, thinking that one may not be for me, teehee.
I am also trying my hand at photography.
I take all of my photos with my iPhone or a tiny point and shoot camera. But am just trying my hand at what I call a "Big boy" camera, my husband's old DSLR camera.


How Does my Work/Style Differ from Others:
Honestly I don't think I have a certain style…just like with my clothes. I don't have a style.
I love all types of art and I love to try all types of art.
I don't have any one style. I enjoy vintage, grungy, cute, pretty, feminine and masculine.
And I enjoying creating them all. I don't have a favourite.

How Does my Creative Process Work?
I have no idea.
I will see a photograph, paper, embellishment or a stamp and work from there.
Like I said earlier I will get an idea and my mind will fixate on it and I will then make my idea work.
I have always been a type of problem solver so I think this helps me with my ideas.
I don't think I have ever thrown a projects away. I will make it work…plus I am too thrifty to trash the supplies I used, teehee.

Why do I Write/Create what I do?
It is an addiction actually ;)
I feel the need to document mine and my family's lives.
I don't have many if any photos of me when I was a child. A lot of my family had passed away so young and there aren't many memories or photo that documented their lives. So to me this is important.
I love to create, I think about it every day and I am creative every single day.
Even if I am just writing an idea down or a list of ToDo's I would love to see get completed.
To me that is being creative.
Some may think it is a hobby or a cute way to pass the time, but for me it is part of me. It is a way of life.

Here is Where I Tag Others to Play Along:
With it being summer break, everyone is busy enjoying the weather and enjoying their holiday :)
So I found one other blogger who was willing to play along.

Katie had time to play along :)
Katie's blog is called "Katie's Stories"
Katie is such a sweet person, she makes great scrapbooking and PL pages. Katie is newly married.
I enjoy not only Katie's creative side, I also enjoy traveling with her virtually through her blog.
I loved seeing her Wedding details and felt like I was there attending her wedding and was so excited with each photo and post she shared.

Well that was a fun blog post to do as it seems I enjoy talking about myself ;)
I could never have imagined my blog would give me an opportunity to become friends with so many other creative people.
Not only to become friends, but to also have a connection to them.
Thank you all for that :)

I hope you all had a very Creative Day :)

Tracy :)




13 comments:

  1. Great post, Tracy, and fun to learn some more about you! I'll be sure to check out the other blogs you've linked up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! You do wood working? Wow! ;) Your scrapbooking and Copics cards are always looking great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Love all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post Tracy :) It was great to learn more about you :) I followed along from Sharla's post :) I love going back each week to see who is next :) Thanks for joining in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post Tracy, I LOVED getting to know your creative side, and not just what the end project is, but your need to create every day! I love your to-do lists and your planners (I'm horrible at planning or to-do lists) and I'm super impressed with the fireplace mantle...it turned out gorgeous! Thanks for playing along and for the insight into your creative mind!

    And I DID enjoy a nice refreshing diet coke while I read your lovely post!! hahaha ;) Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great to read your post and learn things about you. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to get to know you some more, Tracy. Thanks for your comment on my latest post too :)

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was so enjoyable to read! Thanks for sharing. :)

    You really are a Jill of all trades. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could have played along with this one!! I like better than award where you have to list ten things about yourself no one knows, because by this time, we all know a lot of those things about each other already :) I like the part where you say your thrifty and don't throw things away ;) I saw your last video, I know that. Lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait Tracy, are you a Pea?!? I could have sworn I just met you through the world of blogging!!!!! In any case...I think you sell yourself short! You're wonderful and wonderfully creative at so MANY things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful post from one very talented lady! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy reading your blog every day, sometimes like now I'm reading a little late. you are an awesome crafter and blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post - loved seeing and hearing about you and your craftiness.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)