Saturday, May 10, 2014

Working on some Layouts

Look what I got to do this afternoon…Scrapbook!!!
I don't normally scrapbook alone.
Not sure why, I colour, make cards and do other creative projects when I'm by myself, but I don't seem to scrapbook alone…mind you I haven't scrapbooked that much lately.

I had purchased these kits from the Crop & Create event I was at last October.
It has 3 different layouts in this kit.
The kit tells you how to cut the papers and how to put it together.
I am a 2 page layout scrapbooker so I needed to make 6 pages instead of the 3 pages it supplied.
I didn't like a lot of the papers, but made myself use the paper…so I used a lot of the back sides of the papers.
The first layout I really don't like, the second layout I kind of liked, the third layout I really like…I'm like Goldilocks, teehee.
This is the second layout.
I had to use my own card stock to make the 3 page kit into a 6 page kit.
I will go more in detail on all of these pages when I have completed them.






















Ashley wanted to put up a new walk way to the front of her house last year.
But the cement blocks were all sold out by the time she got her home, and they weren't going to re-order any as the summer season was almost over.
So Wayne volunteered his services and his truck to go and pick up the blocks today.
Here Kristy, Blake and Ashley are helping Tyler and Wayne unload them from the truck.
I was the photographer, so I didn't do any heavy lifting ;)






















After all that, Ashley treated Wayne and I to supper at the Keg.
Last weekend Wayne and I drove to the border to pick up her chairs that she had ordered, so she told us she would take us out to dinner :)
The Keg is famous for their Billy Miner Pie….I have to say it was delicious.
















But I think the warm brownie with ice-cream carmel and whip cream beat it :)
I can't show you our meals, as we started eating them before I remember, lol.
















Well that is my day in a nutshell.
I hope you all had a very creative Saturday :)

Tracy :)

12 comments:

  1. Glad you managed to fit some creative time in your day. Pretty tulips on you table. Those are yummy looking desserts. I never have room after I have gone out to eat, though. Happy Mother's Day to you, tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I brought half of my meal home with me, so I could enjoy some of the dessert….lunch for me tomorrow, teehee.

      Delete
  2. WTG with the scrapbooking, looking forward to seeing what you have done. Both desserts look yummy and depending on what I have I usually bring half home too. they should cut the size in half as well as price. Happy Mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a productive day all around, Tracy! Hope you relax and enjoy your Mother's Day, I'm sure you're in good hands! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great day! Would love to see your layouts and those desserts look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those desserts look heavenly!!! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Tracy!!
    layouts layouts !
    I see you are at your NEW desk ... LOL

    Have a great Mothers Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds, and looks, like a wonderful day! I see you're still scraping on the pool table ;) I hope you'll share a finished picture of Ashley's walk way!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the person (me, specifically) that is trying to healthy eat...these pictures are pure torture...lol. But the desserts do look absolutely delicious! How sweet of your daughter to treat you guys for helping her out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see your layouts!

    That cake/pie looks so good, and so does the brownie! Oh man, its not even 11am and I could so go for a sweet right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see you are still using the pool table - will it ever see daylight again - or are you expanding LOL! Looks like a great day - I love The Keg.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! The billy miner pie looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)