Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My Creative Journal-Altered

I am sure I'm not the only one who gets creative ideas when you least expect it.
Then I grab a piece of paper, a napkin, or whatever is close at hand to jot down my idea.
Then forget about that said idea, because I lost the piece of paper and the great idea that was on it ;)

I have a "creative idea" tab in my day planner, but I never seem to use it.
I started to use it, but I don't think the pages are big enough.

If you remember, I had used this planner last year for my creative ideas, but it turned into more about decorating the pages then it did about getting my ideas down on the paper.
So I came up with a plan….I can always come up with a plan, its just to use them, is my problem ;)






















One thing I wanted to add to this creative journal was a calendar.
I really like the calendar from Scrapbooking & Cards Today.
So decided to use it in my journal.
I was really happy to find out that the binding on my journal were the same size and distance as my bind it all.
So I cut out the calendar pages and then put it through my bind it all.
I then cut slits up to the holes of the calendar pages and put them in the binding :)






















The reason why I like these calendar pages as opposed to a regular calendar, is that the backs of the months have these note spaces!!!














Ohh lookie here, I made a video with more detail on how I did it and what I have in my creative journal so far :)
If you would rather watch this on my YouTube channel, just click the link "Tracy's Treasures24"
I hope you are inspired by my creative journal.
I hope you all had a very creative Wednesday :)

Tracy :)

13 comments:

  1. Really good idea, Tracy! Then you don't waste the back of the calendar pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and so organized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea. Great plan using the calendar in your journal. I'm using the one I altered, still need to decorate it though. I write ideas in it for the challenges. I watched the video last night, lots of great pages and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to incorporate a calendar into your notebook, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your idea! i love being organized and creative at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I was emailing ideas to myself, but then lost track of those, too! In fact, I had emailed myself a quote I wanted to use on the Mother's Day page I did recently, but forgot about the email and did the page without the quote! :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cool creative journal!

    I usually end up texting myself ideas. But then I forget that I did that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulously handy idea. I am so bad at organising anything - its a miracle that I do find anything - love the note spaces on the back of those pages!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're ideas and videos are so creative. Excellent idea with the calendar with journal spots on the back.. Where did you get the calendar from and if it can still be ordered or at least for next year. Thanks for all your inspiration, always take something away from your videos!!!!! GarnetJules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased the calendar from Scrapbooks & Cards Today. Here is the link. It is a Canadian magazine :)http://www.scrapbookandcards.com/shop-sct

      Delete
  10. Love the cover on that Journal - gorgeous! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great idea!! The whole thing with having a creative journal is a great idea, I have to get one :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)