Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mist swatches revisited

Remember from my blog post from last week I made swatchs of all my mists?
Well, after I made them I found a few more bottles. And you all thought I was so organized, lol.

I used to store my mists on a shelf, but have been storing them in this basket lately. 
One problem with storing them this way is not being able to see the colours. 
So I added a colour dot to the lids.
In order to do this I punched out a tag, sprayed it with the colour and then punched a circle with my circle punch. 
I was hoping I could use the tags as I hate to waste. 
I added a sticky dot (or as I call them snot dots) to the lid of each colour and then added the misted dot. 
I picked up a few different mists and as much as I love all of the colours, I have to say the Recollections mist stinks. Stink as in, it really smells bad. Like toxic chemicals. Sad as the colour is really pretty. 

I hope you all had a creative Thursday. 

Tracy :)

10 comments:

  1. More hidden treasure. I am coming for a treasure hunt to your house. I don't have too many mists and they all sit on my desk, some in an old spice rack. Works great! Hope you are enjoying your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always unearthing something I forgot I had. Great job on the tags for the mists. I don't have any but if I get some I know how to get them organized. That spice rack sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i store mine in a basket and i LOVE the color dot on the lid. perfect idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever idea, Tracy! Interesting about the Recollection mists being smelly, quite a deterrent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a neat idea. I am going to label my Ciao marker ends today - so that I can see the numbers on the end caps :-) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your organization. But that stinks that the ink stinks! I hate things like that, it gives me such a headache!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making swatches sounds like a great idea. Sorry about the ink smell..the colors do look pretty, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I have never used Mists....I tend to be a big chicken about trying new things and just stick with what I know.....really boring right?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea. I've been uncovering a few things in my room lately too.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)