Saturday, May 3, 2014

Let the Decorating Begin :)

Before I share all the fun decorating I did for my "Spring is on its Way" Crop,  I have to give HUGE thank you's to my husband Wayne for letting me take over his pool table. Thank you so much, I don't think your realize how happy I am to have done this.
I also have to thank my daughters who helped me clean, decorate, prepare the food and goodies.
I thought it was so sweet last night, when they asked me if there was anything else I might need help with.
When I told them no, I thought it was all ready. They asked…so we can go to bed now?
Such sweet girls I have.
I also have to thank Tyler for lending me his Tassimo machine and making some awesome balloon flowers :)
Sounds like I am giving an acceptance speech, lol.

My friend Barb brought me these flowers today, so I thought I would share them as they became part of the decor…plus they are so pretty :)

















Everyone came in through the side door, as it is the most direct route to downstairs.
Less distance to carry their supplies :)
So I displayed my bunny collection and my Spring garden girl I had made years ago.
I thought this was a cute welcome.

















At the bottom of the stairs Kristy hung some balloon flowers that they made and I twisted some crepe paper as stems.






















I added a vase of flowers in-between my book cases.






















Remember the deer rug and antlers hung here?
I took them down and replaced them with some more balloon flowers and some of my scrapbook layouts for both decor and inspiration.
Don't worry Wayne, your stuff will be back up there soon…even though this looks so much prettier ;)
I put my scrapbooks, some scrapbook magazines and some idea/sketch books in the white unit you see under the window.
I also stored the door prizes and draw goodies in a bag in there…more on that in tomorrows post.

















Here is the pool/craft table all decked out.
I added some candy in the 4 tiny bowls.
I put together some treat boxes with some crafty supplies for everyone who attended.






















I wanted an area for us to take some photos.
So Ashley put together this accordion flower wall for us.
Sadly when I woke up this morning many of them were on the floor….but nothing a bit more tape couldn't fix ;)

















I made this "Create" banner.
Not a great photo, I will take close ups of it tomorrow.
I made it with doilies and a banner die cut. I also added butterflies to each banner.

















The treat table :)
This is actually a small computer desk. I just covered it with the worlds thinnest table cloth…but then again, what would I expect for a dollar ;)
Heather and Kristy really wanted me to get these popcorn containers.
Kristy was thinking of putting the chocolate treats in them, but the containers were to big. So instead we used them for chips. That way they could bring the chips to their spot in these containers.






















If you know me then you know I don't like the smell of coffee and hate the taste.
So Tyler (Ashley's boyfriend) let me borrow his Tossimo machine. It was great!!! I didn't have to smell coffee all day and I even got some fru fru coffee.
I had no where to put my heavy treadmill, so just folded it up.






















I posted a video of a walk through of the whole room before anyone arrived.
If you would rather watch it on my YouTube channel, just click the link "Tracy's Treasures24"

I hope you all had a very create National Scrapbooking Day, I know I sure did :)

Tracy :)

10 comments:

  1. Happy belated NSD! Looks like a great set up! I love that everyone was willing to lend a hand.😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful set up for your Spring themed get together. Everything looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! what a great setup. I am sure you and your friends had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well - how organised are you - so professional and so fun. Me, I would have said here's the table - create LOL! Hope you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an inviting space you made for your crop, Tracy, I'm sure you all had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You went all out for your friends for National Scraobook Day. I am sure they loved it! And I bet you all had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks fabulous...what a wonderful way to spend NSD...crafting with best mates!
    Your girls sound like gems...really enjoyed your descriptions in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those balloon flowers are adorable! Can I come to your house? Everything looks great! They will all appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh Tracy. This looks so wonderful. I love the spring theme and all of the decorations. And all of the treats you had for the crop too! You didn't leave anything out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOu went all out....it looked great and it seems like you thought of everything. Wish I could attend one of your crops! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)