Friday, May 23, 2014

May's Challenge Card..surprise, its a Tag

Here is my May's card challenge..surprise, we switched it up and made a tag ;)

The Challenges for this month are:
Use a Prima Tag
Use a Prima image
Inspirational sentiment
Use flock or loose glitter.

I love tags and I Love, love, love this one.
I almost didn't want to give it away ;)
I made this tag at my Crop I hosted and it just seemed to come together perfectly.
Maybe it was being around all my creative friends :)






















I coloured up this fun Prima doll image with my Copic markers.
I paper pieced her headband, shoes and dress. I then added shading to the paper pieces as it makes the cut pieces look like part of the image and not like it was just glued on.
I wasn't to sure of her hair….with that huge bouffant I wasn't sure what to do with it, lol.






















I used this Tim Holtz sentiment for this tag.
I have to thank Denise for giving me this sparkly button I spied in her embellishment container, it goes perfectly with this tag.
I added glitter around the whole tag as well.
I also wanted to play around with some embossing paste, so I used this Heidi Swapp stencil with it. I love the texture it adds.






















Lastly I added a little cluster at the bottom corner of the tag.
I gave all of my friends who attended my crop a goody bag and these tags I made were in them.
They are just small shipping tags from Staples, all I did was use a border punch to the bottom to add some prettiness :)
I then inked my tag to match the project :)






















I also put together this video with a bit more detail on how I put this tag together if you are interested :)
If you would rather watch it on my YouTube channel, just click on the link :)
"Tracy's Treasures24"
I hope enjoyed my tag and I hope you all had a creative Friday :)
I am heading to our little piece of paradise soon, I am so excited :)

Tracy :)

14 comments:

  1. Love your tag, Tracy. The stamping over the printed paer is my favourite part.
    The wee cluster at the bottom of the tag is just right...that small curwork piece is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great in the picture too and no biggie for the button - I mean it's the least I could do after you put on such a great crop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag, love the flower and the image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tag :) sometimes I think I like tags better than cards, they're the perfect size :)
    I haven't used embossing paste in a long time, so now you've inspired me---thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty tag, Tracy, so many great details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute tag. That little gal is adorable. And I love that glittery button.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this tag Tracy. Glitter around the tag is a great idea... I love sparkles! Only 2 more episodes of Dexter left to watch. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty tag, love it! I've never used embossing paste, so maybe I'll pick some up online :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This may be one of my favorite tags of yours ever! I think it's the fun, flirty girl :) What a great way to use the smaller tags too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous tag - love the vintage colour. What a great use of shipping tags!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! I love the sentiment, and her big hair :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)