Sunday, March 30, 2014

Creative goodies, a few anyway

If you know me, then you know I love colour. I also love to colour.
Today I went to Blicks art store with a purpose. I want to try my hand at colouring with coloured pencils.
I love to colour with my Copics, water markers, distress markers but haven't tried colours pencils with odorless mineral spirits. 
So look what I picked up :). 
Just a minute that doesn't look to exciting.
Now this is so much better...soooo much prettiness :)
I can't wait to get home and play. 
Stopped by Michael's and was so surprised that everything was on sale. I picked up these Heidi Swapp planner/calendars for $3.99 each!!
I was excited about them when they first came out, but couldn't justify spending (I think at home they were about $25.00-$30.00) that much. Especially since I have a day planner.
But at this price I picked up 2. I could start one next year :). 
Since Miss. Swapps inks and sprays wee so inexpensive, I decided to give those a try as well. 
Found a Hobby Lobby. 
You knew paper was coming didn't you, lol. 
I thought these pretty wooden buttons would be fun to use on a card or project. 
Found a Tuesday Morning. 
I also have wanted to try my hand at ATC's (artist trading cards). Even if no one wants to trade them with me, teehee.
I thought they may be a good way to work on new techniques, if nothing else. 
I had to get some peeps at the Peeps store. I picked up some of these pony beads to try my hand at making my own enamel dots :)
Yeah baby.... What is a visit to Mall of America without a banana caramel crepe from Magic Pan ;)

That is all from me tonight. It is tedius typing on my phone ;)
I haven't even shared my goodies from yesterday.  This could take the whole week, lol. 

I hope you all had a very creative Saturday :)

Tracy :)

15 comments:

  1. I am really curious about how you are going to make enamel dots from pony beads - I am trying my best to think how you would do that - hope you post your "process". I have been dying to get my hands on some Derwent Inktense pencils for eons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goodies. Love the pencils.
    The enamels dots are a mystery to me ? We have to wait for a video on that one. Hope you are having fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing, I don't have to buy pony beads so I can hardly wait for the tutorial. I love pencil crayons too, there are just some images that don't fall into the "copic" area. Awesome colours in that sent of crayons. You sure had a wonderful shopping trip. I will swap ATCs with you, One day I will take pictures of some of our atc swaps and blog them. OMgoodness what a yummy looking crepe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing what you will create with all of those supplies. I bought some pony beads also to try making enamel dots. Saw a video online somewhere now will have to try and find it again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowee, Tracy, lots of fun goodies! I'm looking forward to seeing how your colored pencil coloring and enamel dots turn out. Hope you like the Color Shine spray, I use them all the time. Great minds think alike, we had cheese blintzes for dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOw what an awesome Haul!

    I LOVE the 7 Gypsyies stamp -
    was looking at that my last trip

    Am interested in getting more info on the pony bead enamel dot comment....

    Have a great trip home & hopefully the weather holds out for you ......

    another weather warning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous haul - love the array of colours of those pencils. You will love working with the Gamsol! :-) Crepes look rather yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's alooooot of colour pencils! You're going to have so much fun with them! :)

    ATC's are really fun to make and I'd be happy to swap with you if you want :D ...not that mine are that exciting though >.<

    Looks like you had a great trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! You got such pretty colored pencils! And of course paper...lol!
    Your crepe looks so yummy, it's making me want one....:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the look of those beautiful pencils...a rainbow of colours!
    Lots of other fun goodies that I am sure I will see you using soon!

    Delicious looking food too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of goodies! You will have to let me know how you like the colored pencils as I have been playing with them. I just watched a video on how to make enamel dots with perler beads and pony beads. I need to try that as well! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my, I like all these crafting goodies. You got some great stuff to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What awesome goodies you have my dear! I love Tuesday Morning! Making your own enamel dots? What??!! You're gong to have to share that one with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all great! I really love the colored pencils, I love brand new pencils, especially when they are lined up in color rows!

    I'm impressed that you typed this all on your phone!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love seeing what you pick up! Mmm, crepes!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)