Friday, September 28, 2012

Tarnished Beauty

On our way to camp we drive down the Trans Canada Highway.
It is a beautiful drive.
The highway is surrounded by forests.
We drive past many beautiful lakes and rivers.















 We see lots of different animals along our travels.
It isn't surprising to see deer, moose and even a bear or two on our journeys back and forth.
It is a stunning country I live in.
















Sadly there is also litter, not a lot, but still it tarnishes the land and makes me sad.
But what makes me angry is seeing the bottles filled with urine that litter the sides of the highway.
You may wonder bottles of urine?!?
Yes sadly the transport truck drivers can't take the few minutes to pull over and piss on the side of the highway. They pee in empty bottles and then toss them out their windows.
I apologize if if you are one of the respectful drivers that pull over, if you are then I thank you for being respectful of our beautiful country.
If you are one of the piss tossers, please pull over. I would rather see your tallywacker then your urine filled bottles.

Onto My Day:
Wayne and I enjoyed out lunch around the campfire.
Last one of the year.
We are closing up and everything (so far) is going smoothly :)
















Is this a moth or a butterfly.
I am sure it is a moth, but it sure is pretty.
















I hope you all had a creative Friday :)
I did, I made a thank you card today, and a card for a friend last night. :)

Tracy :)

12 comments:

  1. That moth is beautiful!

    That is such a sad story about the truckers fouling nature with plastic bottles of urine...such disregard for nature and disregard for human life and needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a moth - thick and fuzzy body! Beautiful though. Shame about the truck drivers though, pretty disgusting really! Love your portrayal of the truck drivers and their "tallywackers" LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I never knew about the whole urine bottles until this past year...gross, gross, gross!
    Your scenery is much like ours! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is a moth. Very pretty one. Thanks for sharing the photos of your drive. It makes your cabin even more special to have a beautiful route to and from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scenery, but so gross with the urine bottles!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful moth! I'm glad everything is going well at the cottage.

    I can't believe that people would throw urine filled bottles out the window. I also can't figure out how the open the bottle, pee in it, and then re seal it and throw it out the window all while driving. They must be either swerving all over the road, or peeing all over themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Tracy the summer flew by. I guess with us moving it seemed that it was just a few weeks ago I was reading your post of getting the cabin ready for summer. I will spend this winter playing catch up it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tracy - thanks for stopping by today, the rhyme you say you had not heard before, its a very old British rhyme that we used to shout out at Christmas time:-) The full rhyme - if you interested is now on my blog:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok how gross is it that truckers do that. I actually lived with a trucker a long long time ago and I knew about the pissing in bottles but I guess I never thought about what they did with those bottles. For all I know my arsehole ex is one of the tossers. I wouldn't be surprised. Sounds like the rest of the scenery is gorgeous though!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracy you really make me laugh, thank you :) Sorry about the urine bottles, people are just rude. Your lunch by the camp fire looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, it's so sad to see people disrespect the environment!
    We closed up our trailer yesterday too. So sad to see the season end.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful scenery. Very sad people doesn't take care of the environment.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)