Sunday, April 24, 2011

Baby Boy mini in the works

I was up late last night working on this mini and all day today. And all I have to show for it is all the paper is attached to the chipboard, the pages are attached and the front cover is complete.
That pinky/red strip is the tape for the binding. I don't want to attach it until I know how thick the album is going to be.
                            
The frame is again one of those $1.50 frames from Michael's.  I painted it to match the album. I painted first with a dark blue then dry brushed a lighter grey blue on top of it. Happy with how it turned out. The center of the frame comes out if she wants to put a photo of the baby in there. I just put a piece of pattern card stock with this sticker on it, as I don't like the frame to be empty.
                           
I got to use my new Copic's last night (late last night) :)  I coloured these images that Schell gave me. I then punched them out with one of my punches and then backed them with card stock I cut out with my Spellbinder Die.
The white behind them is the backing paper from my Xyron. I hate to waste, so if I have room as I am using it, I stick bits of paper in there as I am adhering bigger pieces.
I then popped the images up with foam adhesive for some dimension.
                           
I have so much more to do and am starting to feel overwhelmed. I know I will get everything done, as I usually do. I should have started this weeks ago.
I will never learn, teehee.

Onto My Day:
I worked on this most of the day, even though I didn't get up till after 11:00.
Kristy made Finn pancakes for supper :)
We went to my SIL, Sharon's for her birthday. She had so much food out, we didn't need to eat at all today, teehee. She sent me home with the rest of the taco salad. She is the only one in her family that eats it. I know what I am having for lunch tomorrow ;)

Hope you all had a nice Easter weekend.

Tracy

20 comments:

  1. Thats is really cute. I love the fron of the album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo cute. I love the shape and all the images. So you used one of those frames on the cover? What a great idea. Try not to get overwhelmed. You can only do so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is turning out darling Tracy. I love the colored images and how to popped them up and everything. Will be another stunning mini.
    Hugs,Pea

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the frame and the border punch goes so nicely, it blends right into it! The stamped l'il critters are darling!
    Sadly, yes, I do procrastinate! :0(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!!
    Lovely images and very nice colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy CC ~ that mini is adorable. I love the way you coloured those images, plus the images themselves are so darn cute. I am back to watching vids and a bit of blog surfing, and creating! As usual you are an inspiration to me :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. so so cute. love the frame and you coloring is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracy,
    This mini is going to be so cute, great job on the coloring
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely adorable!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That frame is really cute! Was that in the frame scrapbooking section at Michaels? Love, love, love your images! They look so cute all punched out and popped up like that! :) Enjoy your taco salad today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Off to a wonderful start, as usual :0) Those images turned out adorable! Hope you get to do more today, can't wait to see! Have a great day Tracy! Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great coloring! Looks like you are already getting great use with your new Copics. :) The mini album looks great - the images are super cute. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! I am sure they will love it. Great coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love it! just do little at time. lol i know the feeling of waiting until last minutes but i tend to work better under pressure lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. You ARE my long lost sister! tee hee! Why start a month ago what you can put off until the last minute? I love those frames from Michael's, I picked up 3 myself. This one that you painted is really pretty like that! I might have to remember to see if they have more the next time I go there. Not often tho...

    I cannot wait to see this finished little book. So far...ADORABLE! I started on one for my step-nephew, but my Step-sis must have forgotten she was supposed to send pics last week so I could officially start on it by putting it together. I want it with the photos in it for his high school graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Tracy,
    Just checking to see what you are up to.
    The baby mini album is off to a great start. It is always time consuming to get the paper adhered.
    Your images are looking great too.
    Quiet day around here. Going to get Harlee in a bet--we are having a sleep over tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty...you've been a busy, busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really Really cute! I love the front. I am working on a baby boy 12X12 album for my nephew, but I want to do a mini so bad! I just can't decide what to do. Great job on yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your mini so far. I especially love the front cover, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)