Wednesday, February 16, 2011

That Kind of a Day with an Award

I received an award. The special thing is I received this award from 3 special blogs :)
Karey from Creative Craft Corner , Peg from Pegcraftalot and also Lisa from Lisa E Designs sent me this award.
Now in order to accept this award I need to share 8 things about me and pass this on to 8 other bloggers. So here it goes....
8 Things about me:
1. I love to organize. I seem to let things go, just so I can re-organize. Check my post from yesterday :)
2. Creating is my Passion. My mind doesn't stop.
3. I used to love to walk and jog/run for miles. Now, not so much, still love to walk (fast paced) but not jog.
4. I am addicted to Coke a Cola.
5. I enjoy watching hubby play video games.
6. I need to have my bed sheets flat and smooth when I sleep. I can't sleep with wrinkles.
7. I have note pads all over the house. And I make multiple lists.
8. A perfect evening for me would be spending it with my family, watching movie marathons, preferably horror.

Now I have to pass this along to 8 other bloggers. I am going to pass this onto blogs I don't think I have shared an award with before.
1. Pea at Whimsical Endeavors
2. Becky at Fourth House on the Right
3. Kim at mrsmorrisart
4. Schell at Schell's Craft Corner
5. Beth at Under a Pile of Scrap
6. CanadianWynn
7. Sharla at This thing called Life
8. Mary Pat Siehled with a Kiss
I hope I linked these blogs correctly.

Onto My Day:
Today was one of those days that a lot of little things just didn't go right.
First I had a funeral to go to. My daughter Kristy's friends mom passed away. I just can't imagine the pain this girl is going through and will so in the future.
So we went to get her friend some flowers and a Sympathy card.
The store door wouldn't open, then I forgot to grab an envelope, then had to go back as I forgot a pick for the flower card.
Brought Kristy to her friends, as her girlfriend wanted her to be with her during this time.
Then I had to run to the dentist to get my tooth filled.
I broke a piece of my tooth and filling off Christmas Eve.
Well the dentist was running 15 minutes behind.
Then I find out I needed freezing. I hate needles.
Was only suppose to take 1/2 hour, I think it was more like 45 minutes to one hour.
When I went to the funeral, there was only 4 vehicles there. So I of course thought that I went to the wrong one as started to panic. As it turned out there was parking on the other side of the building.
Came home and hubby told me to look into the back yard.
Our patio gazebo collapsed. NICE. This is the first year I didn't take it down.
Yup, had to laugh at this one.
Took a nap before supper, I needed it.
Kristy spent the whole day and evening with her friend. Her friend wanted to be around her friends today. I love that Kristy is so caring and can be there for her.

On a good note. I got some happy mail today:)
I will share it with you tomorrow :)

Tracy

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award! Giggled about the wrinkly sheets. Yup, wouldn't expect anything else from you! Heehee!

    Funerals are always tough. :(

    Boo to the dentist. Boo. (Though I have a great dentist..and don't really have anything to boo about. I'm just a big chicken).

    On that gazebo...Murphy's Law, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, after a day like that you deserve an award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the award, that was sweet.

    I am glad that Kristy was able to be there for her friend. These times her friend will hold dear and the ones who were there for her.

    I remember when I was young a friend of mine's father died in their garage. It was very tough times for my friend Mary. She wanted to spend most of her time with me and I was glad to hang out with her and try to help her through.

    You are killing me with the suspense of the happy mail ya know!
    Hope tomorrow is a much better day. SOrry today was crappy.
    Pea

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sad, to lose a Mom so young. Thankfully she has good friends like Kristy who will help her make it through. God Bless them both.

    "Freezing?" I am assuming is getting numb? Imagine this: having your father be your dentist and getting worked in between regular patients after school. Hearing things like, "sit down, open your mouth, I don't have a lot of time" AS he's preparing the shot. Should be illegal for a dentist to work on his own kids. I don't mind needles though. They are more often than not our friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what a day! your poor gazebo--what a bummer!

    thanks for the award! I will have it up on my blog and link it back to your! thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracy,
    Sorry to hear your day was crappy. If we didn't have a bad day here and there we wouldn't appreciate the good ones.
    Can't wait to see your happy mail
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, dear! That is a tough day, but that means today is bound to be better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry about the day you had! Oh my! A movie couldn't have written that! Big hug! Hope today is better!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your award and thanks for passing it on to me!!!! Sounds like Kristy is a lot like you :) I hope you have a better day today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks TRacy for the award, you are so sweet!! I'm sorry you've had one of those days, ugh. I hope your dd's friend will find comfort and peace, and that the rest of the week will run smoother.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Tracy! *hug*!!! Have you ever read "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day"? It seems like one of those... Hopefully it will be better tomorrow, and your good mail gave you something to smile about!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for the blog award Tracy! I'm honored that you think of my blog that way! I love hearing about the unknown things about yourself too!

    How sad that Kristy's friend lost her mother at such a young age. It's difficult for a girl to lose her mom in the younger years. My father lost his dad when he was only 17, I don't think it was something he or his siblings ever healed from. Sorry, you had such a challenging day! They sure do make you appreciate the really good ones, don't they?

    Dentists & Dr.s don't bother me, it's getting the bill that sends me into an all out panic mode! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations.... I gave you this award as well on the 11th February, so you got it 3 times and that shows how fabulous you are eh?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh..I forgot, the layout "Celebrate Family" on my blog is all digital!! Used a template and then just clipped in all the papers and added some extra embellishements!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You deserve the award. Sorry about the rest of your day. I hate going to the dentist.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)