Saturday, February 26, 2011

I Used my Cricut :)

I wanted to order this shirt for Heather's Birthday. But because I am such a procrastinator, I didn't get around to it. Plus I am not an Internet shopper.
So I came up with a way to make it myself.
I cut the letters out with my Cricut. Yeah me!
I used mac tac. Or that shelf liner stuff. You can get at the dollar store and it is sticky on the backside. Stuck it to the t-shirt.
I then painted the letters with white fabric paint.
Because it is a really dark shirt I did 5 coats.
I noticed it had bleed under the stencil so I went over that with black permanent marker. I did this after I took the picture, so you can see the bleeding in this picture.
I am really impressed with how this turned out. Now I know this is a commercial shirt. I hope I am not breaking any laws by doing this. But this is for my daughter and I am not selling it. So I hope this doesn't get me in trouble.
Do you know what this stands for. My daughter loves these guys. They are addicting to watch.
If you can tell me what this stands for I will give you a little somethin', somethin', teehee.
Onto My Day:
I slept like a baby. Well actually better, I didn't wake up wet and hungry, lol.
I felt like I got a lot done today.
Made Heather's shirt.
Caught up on my tickets (work).
All my Thank You's are ready to be mailed.
I am in a image swap and have them all stamped and ready to be mailed out.
I got Heather's BDay cake.
Oh great!!! I forgot to make Heather a Birthday card, craap I guess I have one more thing to do tonight.
Hubby and I watched a few war movies. We watched the rest of Band of Brothers (he watches them a few times while he is off, and he wanted me to watch it with him) Wyatt Earp, and now we are watching Saving Private Ryan.
My home is going to be so quiet when he goes back to work. It won't sound like a war zone that's for sure.
I never watch TV during the day, bet our hydro will go down, lol.
Hope you are having a good weekend, and was able to be creative today.
Off to make a card.
Tracy

15 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy,

    Love the shirt you made for your daughter. You did an awesome job. The endless possibilities that you can make now.

    Don't Forget TO Be Awesome?

    I am sure you have enjoyed hubby while away from work. So nice that you guys get to spend time together. Have a great weekend. I am going to go and do homework now, no fun, but it must be done.

    Cheers,
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice shirt! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy,
    Great shirt. I have never tried doing a shirt yet. I have no idea what it stands for..lol
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the shirt. Not a clue what it stands for--but I bet one of my girls would.

    I am canceled again from work today. So I get to spend the day with my hubby instead. Looking forward to heading with him to Salt Lake to spend a few days with him. Sometimes we are apart far too much.

    Leslee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome shirt! Had to ask my DD what DFTBA... Don't Forget to be Awesome...love it even more when I know what it stands for! I'm sure your DD will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah you used your Cricut! Wahoo! No idea about the shirt. I bet your daughter will love it! Have you figured out what you're fixing for dinner tomorrow night? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got to use your Cricut and the top looks really cool, I have no idea what it means but hope you tell us soon, hope you have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a good job on the shirt, for your first one!! I did not know what DFTBA meant, so I'm glad I do now. ;) I use my Cricut a lot, but have not attempted o make a shirt yet. It's been on my list for over a year now.

    On one hand, I love having my hubby home, but on the other, I miss my "me" time too. It's really good to have some quality together time though. SO important!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your creativity with how you made your shirt. It came out great and looks store bought.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by with the Canadian blog hop. Love your sense of humor! Hope that dd loved the shirt and the work that you put in! Lol, I get indecisive, so have trouble ordering online on time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dancing for the Big Ass? I don't know what it stands for! Clue me in! LOL!!!! You're so craftastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Tracy, what a great shirt. I didn't know what it stood for. I do now. LOL
    well now aren't you clever! Most folks just the buy the iron on vinyl and cut that out with the cricket. Your version is probably lots more work but it looks so nice and not generic.
    Blessings my dear.
    Pea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the t'shirt and it's a great idea on how to do it yourself. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have no idea what it stands for, but I love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  15. See...the Cricut isn't so scary is it? Great job on the shirt Tracy, letters are all nice and lined up :0) I finished the mini for my Mother in law with pictures now just have to do the video :0) Glad to hear you got a lot done!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)