Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cake fun

My oldest daughter Ashley is graduating from college tomorrow. I am so proud of her, she has worked hard and is graduating with honors. She made the Deans list.
Her friend Michelle is having a party and BBQ to celebrate tomorrow. They came over tonight to make some cakes.
My daughter is the one on the left and Michelle is on the right.
Here is their friend Shan. She did the decorating on this cake. They bought the wrong kind of icing and it started to slide off the cake. LOL. So they went and bought the correct icing and redid it.
Her are the girls goofing around teehee. Mind you I wanted to take a big bite of that yumminess of sugar. See the icing pooling around the cake.Here is a better picture of their cakes. The one on the left that says "College", the girls informed me that the code means end so this cake means the end of college.
The second cake is the logo for their Multi-Media course that they took.

Ashley opened up her emails this morning and a lady left her a message that she loved Ashley's photography and wants to know if Ashley would photograph her wedding. Ashley was so nervous, but Heather and I talked to her and encouraged her. I told her this lady saw your photographs and knows your style. She wouldn't have asked you if she didn't like what you do. Am I right or am I right.

I worked all day today. So close to being finished the billing. I picked Kristy up from school early as they had and early dismissal and we all went to the mall. We had lunch in the mall, I didn't, Healthy eating :)

Not much else happened today. I was planning to put a video up today of a project I am working on for Ashley and her friends, but didn't have time to work on it today. Hopefully I will get to do it tomorrow. Thursday already, I need an extra day this week.

Thankful Thursday. What are you thankful for today.

1. Spending time with my girls, they make me laugh so much.

2. Adding machines. Wouldn't want to do my book work without them.

3. Nice weather to walk in, walked 11500 steps :)

4. The fragrance of Lilacs

5. Happy, Healthy family


Tracy

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I could sink my teeth into all that sugar, too! :)

    Congrats to your daughter on that wonderful achievement! Graduation with honors is something to be proud of!

    I can totally understand why she'd be a little nervous about photographing a wedding. That's the kind of event where the photos HAVE to be good, because it's such a momentous occasion, and there are NO re-shoots. Having said that, however, your daughter obviously has talent....and I guess she'll know deep down whether she believes that talent is enough to overcome her fears of doing this or whether she wants to pass until she becomes more confident. Maybe she could tag along with another photographer at a wedding and take "back up shots" for practice before going out on her own. (This way she's not on the spot if the photos don't turn out as well as she'd hoped...and it gives her practice and confidence for future shoots). Just a few suggestions....take them for what they're worth, which is about two cents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big congratulations for Graduating Ashley!!!
    You must be so proud Tracy.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a proud mom you are, and boy does it show. Congrats to your daughter, and WOW the dean's list.
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! What a milestone! And good for Ashley too! I can also totally see why she'd be nervous, but it's a great opportunity & wonderful that she's willing to give it a shot! (No pun intended. Or pun intended. Either way.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Ashley - you must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your daughter! Cute cakes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the relationship you have with your daughters. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I want some cake lol! Congratulations to your daughter. 15 years later and I still have nightmares that I missed taking a class and didn't actually graduate.

    Lilacs are one of my favorite flowers. I love the smell too. I can't wait for the spring when they bloom so I can cut a whole bunch and bring them into the house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum. I want that cake. NOW!

    So much to be thankful for!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations to Ashley for making Honors as well as the new job already. That is a very good start to her new career. How exciting.
    Love cake, pass a piece.
    Thankful mom is better,family and friendships- old and NEW~
    Hugs,Pea

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)