Friday, May 7, 2010

One step forward, two steps back. Word book part 1

I swear this was my day today.
Last night I made sure that no one needed anything from me for today. My plan (as it is everyday) was to get my crafting on.
The only thing I did manage to get accomplished was to edit and post part 1 of my word book tutorial. Funny thing is when I was making the book I couldn't find one tutorial on YouTube. Now that I posted it, I see YouTube has a few of them. Where were they when I needed them LOL.I will post part 2 tomorrow.



So I think I mentioned that I did some taping for hubby's cousin's gift for her mom's 80th BDay. Last night I edited it. It was so nice, the video flowed, it looked real good. So I emailed it to her.
I phoned her this morning to make sure it worked. She was just opening it, It Didn't Work!
So I told her that I would make a disc of it and she could pick it up. Well that didn't work. I have Windows and she has a Mac. I guess the program wasn't compatible with hers. Then I (when I say "I". I mean Ashley) tried to burn it, Nope. We went through 5 or 6 discs. Ashley has a Mac Book Pro so we would then try it on hers first. Nothing worked.
Cory, a friend of Ashley's who went to collage with her, dropped by. We (when I say "We", I mean I) had him brainstorming on how to get this to work.
This took all day. We finally put it on a jump drive, then to a disk. She picked it up after 2:00, I hope it worked, I haven't got a call that it didn't.
I had to give her the unedited files.

That was my day, besides packing up my dad's stew and getting him a couple groceries.
We are planning on going to our camp/cottage tomorrow for a day trip. It is suppose to be chilly. Wayne and the girls are bringing their camera's. I am bringing lots of reading material. Hopefully I will finish the book I was reading, which I was suppose to finish last month.

I didn't even check out all my blogs for the last couple day, for shame. I feel a void in my life because of it, LOL. Ya I am addicted.
Here is to the weekend. Hope you have a good one.

Tracy

5 comments:

  1. Tracy, thanks for sharing another great tutorial! stop by my blog when you get a chance, I have something for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the video.
    Hope you have a nice Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at camp, it sounds great!
    LOL at the technical issues, I get really frustrated with stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I don't think I'll be attempting a wordbook. Even if I did own a scroll saw I would never be able to keep the cuts clean enough. I can't even sew a straight line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally popped in to watch the videos! You are so funny! The book is looking great, now I'm off to watch part two...

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)