Monday, March 29, 2010

The big Freeze

Today was just your average day. Ran to Superstore for hubby's prescriptions. Then I dropped off a card to my girlfriend, we haven't seen each other for a few weeks, so I made a card for her and snuck it in her mailbox while she was at work.
Then Ashley needed some disks. Wayne wanted a small book case for his books, as his side of our room looks like a refuge pile.
I went looking for a tripod arm extender. But the camera store wasn't open today. I think I may come up with a home made one. My mind is churning.

We needed to thaw out our downstairs freezer. Someone (umm girls...) left the door open a bit and it thawed then refroze. It wasn't a pretty sight.
So we got out our coolers and put the good food in there. Then we got out a tiny space heater and propped it in front of the open freezer. I know your not suppose to touch the shelves because if it gets punctured the freon will come out. But I just couldn't leave it alone. I kept going downstairs to pry the ice off, it was like a scab, pick, pick,pick. I even used a tiny screwdriver..shhhh don't tell Wayne he would Freak LOL.

This was about 1/2 way through the thawing process. I put containers on the bottom so I wouldn't have as much sponging up to do. That is a ice pack frozen in the ice. That purple crud on the door is a melted popcycle (I think).
When we were done I made hubby move it to the laundry room. It used to be near the bottom of the stairs and was one of the first things you saw.
I want to move my sewing desk where the freezer was.
We had to get rid of quite a bit of food. Good thing my blueberries were fine. I did have to get rid of 4 bags though. That was a lot of picking.
Top shelf is moose/deer meat. Ya hubby hunts. I don't like wild game though. I tell him "You kill it, You clean it, You cook it." My mother in law (loved her so much) did it all.
Next shelf is beef. with a couple bags of blueberries.
Next Blueberries. Lots of blueberries. I need to make a blue berry cheesecake, Oh Yummy.
Next for Chicken, ya that is a bucket of blueberries.
Last is fish. Ya hubby likes to fish. Yup you guessed it. He catches it, he cleans it, he cooks it.

My house feels like the walls are closing in. I need to declutter. I do this a couple times a year. Hubby says that we should start on my craft/scrap room. WHAT, I need all that. So I will start on my decluttering tomorrow. I will show all the embarrassing pictures.

Hope your Monday was the beginning of an excellent week.

Tracy

I just counted the bags of blueberries, I have 28 bags with 4 cups in each bag. I am a blueberry hoarder LOL.

12 comments:

  1. It took me a while to figure out when I called you Stacy! lol! I rcvd the Beautiful Blogger award by STACY earlier in March. You just so happened to award it to me as well, a few weeks later. I didn't update my blog in regard to it until now!!! Go check out the post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you come and help me clean my fridge? It was 70 degrees here today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! I dread that chore. I had no idea you weren't supposed to pry off the ice, but then again, it never occurred to me to pry off the ice either, so I guess I'm safe. :-)

    Your husband has his own side of the bedroom? I just kind of monopolize our whole thing...Kidding! Sort of...I mean, we probably have more or less an equal amount of stuff in here thrown around willy nilly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT is lots o blueberries! LOL! Although, I can see why you love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are a blueberry hoarder, aren't you? Wish I had some of those in my freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can hoard all the blueberries you want....no need to share them with me. I like 'em about as much as I like coffee....ick. Yeah yeah, I know, wacko!

    I seriously need to defrost my upright, too. I just keep putting it off...keep putting off...keep putting it off. Wanna send your girls here to "help me out"? *snicker*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marlene my girls didn't even help me, mind you they would probably help you.
    You don't like blueberries you are Wacko, lol
    Mind you I do hate coffee.
    Ya I am nice enough to let hubby have a little space to call his own. But I don't want to spoil him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is a lot of blueberries! I am not much of a blueberry fan either but I eat them anyways cause they are suppose to be healthy. I just grind them up in my smoothie every morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I had a seperate freezer, but not in my small NYC apartment! Good luck with the reorganizing and decluttering, its a lot of work but feels so good in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmm....blue berries. A lot of fruits cause my throat to close up but I love eating them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband is so jealous that you have a bunch of blueberries. We just have some regular store bought ones in our freezer. Maybe we need to swap food next ;) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please feel free to make us all some blueberry cheesecake and some muffins!!!

    Good luck on your decluttering process! Isn't it horrible as soon as you organize something it just gets disorganized again.?!

    I also allow my husband a small area of the bedroom in which to keep his meager belongings. Yet, he is the hoarder of the closet!

    Love your blog!

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)